Monday, April 6, 2009

I remember the days...

when I could watch conference all the way through... without being yelled at, jumped on, running kids to time out, changing dirty diapers and passing out snacks. I think I probably heard 4 talks all the way through--but they were wonderful talks. I really feel that this General Conference brought me a new feeling of faith and spiritual preparedness. I'm so grateful for the Gospel and for the light it has brought into my life and the lives of those around me.

Besides the wonderful talks, we always make WONDERFUL food. Gotta have the snacks. :) I found this recipe on a friends blog and HAD to try it. OH MY GOODNESS--it is soooooo like the real thing!! Everyone LOVED them! Putting this one in my favorites file!

Use a 9x13" pan and line it with foil before hand--this will make the cutting soooo much easier!

Snicker Bars

Allow each layer to harden before adding the next...(I usually just pop them in the freezer while I'm preparing the next layer.)

Bottom Layer
1c. chocolate chips
1/4c. creamy peanut butter
1/4 c. peanut butter chips

Melt together and spread in bottom of pan

2nd Layer
1 c. white sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. butter

Boil these ingredients for 5 minutes, then add:

1/4 c. peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. marshmallow creme

Spread over bottom layer

3rd Layer
1 c. sallted peanuts (crushed slightly)

4th Layer
40 caramels
4 tbsp hot water

Melt and drizzle over peanuts

5th Layer
Same as bottom layer

Yummy, yum, yum.

Have a wonderful day--thanks for stopping by!!

Oh, and I must correct my last post. My mother informed me that I HAVE been in a rainforest before.

1 comments:

Brittany April 7, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

i'm pretty sure i gained a couple pounds over the weekend from eating these, but it was so worth it!!

Daily Reminders 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP