Thursday, August 6, 2009

A birthday, a 911 call, and Poison Control...

So, this is the reason I haven't posted in a while...

Logan turned 4 on Sunday! YAY! I can't believe how big he is! Seems like he grows a foot each year! He informed me on the way to a friends house, "mom, now that I'm four, I'm no longer scared of dogs." Yet when we were over there, he ran from the dog and jumped into my arms. haha It might take another year to shake that fear! He got totally spoiled and ate lots of cake (always love that part!)

Then we lost him. My parents were in town and we were all busy making curtains and finishing the basement. I let him ride his new bike in the driveway while we had the door open. I went outside after a while and he was gone. The bike was there, the scooter was there, and I started yelling for him. My whole family went out and searched the neighborhood. When we didn't find him, I thought for sure someone had taken him--needless to say I was BAWLING. I screamed for him in the house and he wasn't in any of the rooms, so I called 911. Before I could sob out my address to the poor operator, my grandma came running out with him. He had gotten into my scrap room, dumped a bottle of paint on the floor, and thinking he was in trouble, hid in the closet.... I was happy to see him... not so happy about my floor. I think he learned his lesson when daddy talked to him about why mommy was crying so much.

oh, and it's not over.... then a couple days ago I was finishing up some projects and Landen was crying for me... as usual. I shut the door for 5 minutes so I could finish up some work on the computer and then I hear him go from crying to screaming. I still thought he just wanted me, so I ignored him (I know, what a great mom huh??) then Logan said, "Mom, he's got glitter in his eyes!" WHAT? I don't have any glitter out in the living room. I opened the door to find him with foam all over his eyes. He had squirted Dawn dishsoap in his eyes and then kept rubbing at it until it foamed up. So then I had the wonderful task of calling Poison control who told me to do a 15 minute flush of water in his eyes. yea, imagine how fun that is. I think I still have scratches on my arm. BUt, it's over and now my dishsoap is no longer under my cabinet. :)

now that you all think I'm a horrible mom.... LOL

Here's some fun pictures from Logan's B-day!


Grandma did face painting at the party!!



We had dress up clothes out for the kids to play with and Nanny picked up this hat--she wore it for quite a while!

he's so excited! We were singing Happy Birthday to him!


His awesome new bike!

9 comments:

Emily August 7, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Wow....what a rough weekend. YOu poor thing. You are a great mom...don't you worry. Are your kids alive?!??! Yes...don't worry.

D.C.C. Mealy August 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

I agree with Emily. Don't worry about it! The kids are fine, and that's all that matters. And now maybe he won't get into things under the sink!

Greg and Brittany August 7, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Oh, wow! Kandis, what a bad week! But you are NOT a bad mom! My heart just sank when I read about Logan being gone. What a stinker he is! And poor little Landen, I just want to give him lots of kisses! Hope things are going better!

emaalyon August 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

What scary things you've had to go through!!! I hate those types of moments, although I've managed not to have to call 911 or poison control...yet. Knock on wood! We just have other issues! I'm sure it took or is still taking quite some time to get over all the excitement. I hope you have a smoother couple of weeks! I loved seeing you and your adorable kids. I wish you lived closer (notice I didn't say that I lived closer...Aaron's parents) hehe!

Aves August 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Ahh!! I am sorry you had such a rough week! But luckily everyone is safe and happy again :) You are a great Mom Kandis, seriously. I don't think there is one mom in this whole world that doesn't have stories just like that! Miss you girl!

Huntsman August 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

What an eventful week. Its never dull with kids huh :) Hope things are going better now. And let us know if you hear of any jobs for us we are starting to look and apply. I even have Broc convinced we could move up that way for a job :)

Sabs August 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

OMG! you poor mamma! scary! glad your boys are ok. didn't jessica's little one get dish soap in her eyes too? perhaps i should learn from both of you and put my soap somewhere else eh? happy late b-day logan!!!

Snedakers August 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

We've ALL been there! Just glad you found him! Can you believe you have a four-year old? Looks like a great little party.

Huntsman August 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Hey I was wonderin if you would email me brandon and kims email addresses? We are starting to apply and look for jobs and Broc is wanting to email them to see what is up that way. My email is bk_huntsman@hotmail.com

Daily Reminders 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP